Friday, May 27, 2022

A challenging month

 May has been a tough month in the Gjerde household.  Ashton is very unhappy at school, really disliking his teacher and struggling with his peers.  It's hard to discern what is acting out behaviors and what are developmental brain issues.  I wish I could fix it for him.  I know he gets so frustrated with his ADHD brain.  He's also had some run-ins with law enforcement again.

Among the hard times, we have glimmers of our sweet boy.  There are times he still wants to cuddle with us and tells us he loves us.  For example, at school, he had to write a letter to a person in his life to express his gratitude and he wrote a letter to Daddy and me, thanking us for adopting him.  Today I heard the scripture verse from Jeremiah 29:11 that I personalized for Ashton.  For I know the plans I have for Ashton declares the Lord, plans to prosper him and not harm him, to give him a hope and a future.  I need to remember to claim that for our son!

Waffles continues to be a bright spot in Ashton's life and continues to be his muse!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment