Monday, April 4, 2011

I love John Hopkins and Quickest Gestational Period Ever

Can I just say how much I love John Hopkins. They are such an awesome and attentive hospital! While they told us the results would take over a week, they called our birth mom today with the results of her the liver bile test. Unfortunately as suspected the test did come back positive. She is suffering from cholestasis. 1 to 2 pregnancies in 1000 are affected by cholestasis. Women with cholestasis should be monitored closely and serious consideration should be given to inducing labor once the baby’s lungs have reached maturity. Which my understanding somewhere around 36-37 weeks. Considering that she was at 33.5 weeks, we have our next follow up in two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised that they give her steroids to help get the baby's lungs ready and then induce her. I tell you...if that is the case...that will be the quickest gestational period ever for us!

Please pray for the health of our birth mother and her unborn child.

Thanks
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment